Some of my favorite music artist

  • Aly & Aj
  • Amerie
  • Avril Lavigne
  • Beyonce
  • Britney Spears
  • Ciara
  • Demi Lavoto
  • Destiny's Child
  • Eminem
  • Fergie
  • Gwen Stefani
  • Kings Of Leon
  • Lady Gaga
  • Miley Cyrus
  • Nelly Furtado
  • Paramore
  • Pink
  • Selena Gomez
  • The Black Eyed Peas

Friday, August 5, 2011

Captivate by Carrie Jones book review

        I am a big fan of Jones work but this book was a little weird for me. Weird as in where the hell did all this Norse mythology come from?! Norse mythology like a whole lot of it through out the entire book, like really?! And what happened to the main character Zara reciting  phobias  that was the good creepy factor of the first book that I liked and was disappointed that it wasn't in this book. However if I can guess what Jones was going for with that I would have to say is that she wanted to showcase a more mature Zara. The whole Nick being taken by a Valkyrie was so unexpected that it was almost just stupid but stupid enough to work so I guess it made for an interesting read.I liked Izzy and the rest of the characters in this one they all seemed to have grown I guess? So since I have such mixed feelings on this one I'm just going to go ahead give it my personal rating. For the setting I give it 4 out of 10 stars because the setting didn't seem as creepy as the first book which was a good creepy. The characters a 5 out of 10 because they did show that they have grown, the plot a 4 out of 10 because I hated the whole Zara dose anything to try and rescue Nick thing and the over all book experience a 6 out of 10 stars. Would I read anything else from Jones the answer is a hundred percent yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleas give your honest opinion and have fun!