Some of my favorite music artist

  • Aly & Aj
  • Amerie
  • Avril Lavigne
  • Beyonce
  • Britney Spears
  • Ciara
  • Demi Lavoto
  • Destiny's Child
  • Eminem
  • Fergie
  • Gwen Stefani
  • Kings Of Leon
  • Lady Gaga
  • Miley Cyrus
  • Nelly Furtado
  • Paramore
  • Pink
  • Selena Gomez
  • The Black Eyed Peas

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Entice(Need 3) by Carrie Jones book review

Ok yes I am a Carrie Jones fan and thought the whole idea of pixies was just a good change from the everyday vamp or werewolf story so I have to give her a big thumbs up for that but I thought the characters of this installment could of used some... I don't know some more something, just something felt missing from them that wasn't missing in the second installment . And when I say characters I mean everyone like the supporting characters , so everyone except for the main character which I like in this one but kind of didn't like in the second part of this series.
 Even though there was almost no phobia chanting in this one which I have come love not like but love because it gave the story(the first one) a creepy vibe. Just think about how scary the story seemed(even though in these types of stories things always seem to work out fine in the end and the leading girl character or boy character always seems to get their hot girl or guy and their happy ending) to be reading the first book in the dark with the MC(main character) chanting phobias every time the scene cuts to something that seems weird or creepy, it should creep the sh*t out of you if your a good story buff like myself.
 But any way the MC has really become a stronger person in this one and even sees that their is life outside of Nick Colt which by the way has bored me from the start as the hot/supernatural/love interest of the story. However I do love Astly(even though that's a weird name, it sounds like something that I would name a dog or maybe even a horse) as the hot/supernatural/mysterious/love interest. Good job on Astly Jones, please keep him around if you are considering a fourth book! Which by the way this book ended I think there should be a fourth if there's not one in the making because there was too many questions left unanswered with this ending.

Questions like: what will Nick thing of Z(Zara) when he wakes up and finds out that she's not just half pixie any more but whole and complete pixie?   Where the h*ll is Grandma Betty and is she going to be okay?   What will become of Astly and Z's relationship? And most importantly what the h*ll is going to be done about the bad pixies?!

Please Jones if you happen to ever come across this review please either answer these questions ion the fourth book or at least come close to answering these question because I'm dying to know!
Ok now that's out of the way now it's time for my personal rating system. *Yeah!*

As for the scenery/setting I give this book a 7 out of 10 stars because the way Jones describes things in the book never once had me wondering what the h*ll was she talking about and that's a good thing! The characters I will give a 5 out of 10 and that's only because the most important character(the main character) was very brave and interesting in this installment which since she is the main character she should be brave and interesting. The plot a 4 and a half stars out of 10 because I still didn't like the whole-let's risk every one's-life -just-to-save-one-boy-thing. And finally dum-din-dum * trumpets blowing* the overall experience of the book a 8 out of 10 stars because I did really enjoy reading this and at the end isn't that what it's all about anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleas give your honest opinion and have fun!