Some of my favorite music artist

  • Aly & Aj
  • Amerie
  • Avril Lavigne
  • Beyonce
  • Britney Spears
  • Ciara
  • Demi Lavoto
  • Destiny's Child
  • Eminem
  • Fergie
  • Gwen Stefani
  • Kings Of Leon
  • Lady Gaga
  • Miley Cyrus
  • Nelly Furtado
  • Paramore
  • Pink
  • Selena Gomez
  • The Black Eyed Peas

Friday, August 5, 2011

Misguided Angel(Blue Bloods 5) by Melissa de la Cruz book review

First off let me start off by saying that I love me some Melissa de la Cruz but what the hell was going on in this book? Ok the book picks up where the last one left off(as they all do)  with Shuyler and Jack running off  together to find the gate of promise so that they can keep Lucifer from slipping through it and pretty much causes hell but what I could understand with this book is why did de la Cruz decided to introduce a new character or more like two new characters this late in the series. It was a little weird especially since we only briefly meet one of the new characters in book 2! Yeah you are reading this right one of the new characters is someone that she only gave us a glimpse at in book 2! I was thinking to myself that wow I barely remembered this person and now they have like a whole few chapters to themselves, unbelievable!

 So anyways as for the rest of the charters I didn't care for Schuyler in this book because I thought she was just weak and I still hadn't forgiven her for hurting Oliver the way that she did in the um.. fourth book. Mimi was very good in this book because she has clearly evolved from the super rich b*tch that she always came off as and now she's more realistic. I can not comment on Bliss who was in books 1-4 but for whatever reason was not in this book. Why? I don't know but that dose go back to the whole side character from either book 2or 3 becomes a main character thing that I have already mentioned. It was a pity that she wasn't in this one because   her dealing with the fact that she's not a vampire any more which I don't even know how that is possible  would have made for an interesting read.
 Jack was just as boring as he always is in all of the books. There was no Dylan because if you read the fourth one he is dead which didn't make sense because he was killed with another angel's sword which is what Bliss plunged into her own chest but lives and he doesn't. The character that gets the award for biggest come out is Oliver, why? Because he really to me came out the role as side character and became a full on character in this book. Now its onto my special personal ratings.  For the setting I gave this book a 5 out of 10 stars because de la Cruz described the scenery well enough to make me think that I was there. The characters9the ones that where in the book at least) a 4 out of 10 because even though I didn't like the fact this side character from an earlier installment was a surprise and kind took the book over as her own was still entertaining. The plot a 3 out of 10 only because I felt that a lot of time was waisted on unimportant stuff and the overall experience a 8 out of 10 only because even with some of the things that I found wrong with it it was still a read that kept you on the edge of your seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleas give your honest opinion and have fun!