Some of my favorite music artist

  • Aly & Aj
  • Amerie
  • Avril Lavigne
  • Beyonce
  • Britney Spears
  • Ciara
  • Demi Lavoto
  • Destiny's Child
  • Eminem
  • Fergie
  • Gwen Stefani
  • Kings Of Leon
  • Lady Gaga
  • Miley Cyrus
  • Nelly Furtado
  • Paramore
  • Pink
  • Selena Gomez
  • The Black Eyed Peas

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Need by Carrie Jones book review

I thhought that overall it was a pretty good book. But the way it was written was a little hard to understand at first but I eventually got into it. Only real con(s) is : I feel like the author could have done more with the ending.  The boy kindnappings could have used a little more explaination.  The fact that pixies were killing people because the king  needed a queen was a little hard to follow. The characters were a little hard to read at times and sometimes seemed 2D (especially Nick Colt) the main love interest of the main character Zara white. I really like Zara's Grandmother. I liked how she wasn't the typical story book Grandmother. Another 2D character was Megan(the all around school bitch) with her blonde hair and good looks just seemed overdone. I was thinking if authors are going to add a mean girl to their story at least change up their looks so that they do not look like the typical mean girl. The MC(main character) re-sights phobias when she's bored or afraid which in the begging I thought was stupid and had nothing to do with the story but towards the end you begin to see how that does add somewhat of a creep factor to the book. And the whole pixies can't come into your house unless invited was weird but still creepy only because I myself just imagined inviting someone into my house and not knowing that they were a pixies and now they can come in any time that they want. Creepy! I loved the part where her Farther came into the Grandmother's house and just knocked sweetly on her bedroom door that was extra creepy! Ok time for my personal rating! Setting I would give a 9 out of 10 stars because they did paint a pretty creepy picture of Main in this book. Characters I would give a 5 out of 10, plot a 5 out of 10 and overall book experience a 8 out of 10. And yes I would read more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleas give your honest opinion and have fun!