Some of my favorite music artist

  • Aly & Aj
  • Amerie
  • Avril Lavigne
  • Beyonce
  • Britney Spears
  • Ciara
  • Demi Lavoto
  • Destiny's Child
  • Eminem
  • Fergie
  • Gwen Stefani
  • Kings Of Leon
  • Lady Gaga
  • Miley Cyrus
  • Nelly Furtado
  • Paramore
  • Pink
  • Selena Gomez
  • The Black Eyed Peas

Friday, July 12, 2013

Hourglass(Evernight #3) by Claudia Grey book review

Hourglass is the part three of the Evernight series which follows main characters Bianca and Lucas as they run from the previously involved with Black Cross and now Charity Balthazar's little sister turned vampire, turned psycho and on top of all of that Bianca's health is failing. Can love survive three obstacles trying to tear them apart ? What's going on with Bianca's health?  Who will get to them first Black Cross or Charity?  I'm really on the fence about this book while I do enjoy the series and the twist and turns that came with it but things that Bianca and Lucas had to over come in the past were a lot but three things at the same time on top of being uneducated runaways with zero prospects on life.

  As I'm reading this I got the sense that their was no hope for these two lovers. I like love worth fighting for as much as the next person but this book came across as never going to happen. However I did appreciate the catch 22 of if Bianca doesn't become a vampire.....STOP SPOILER ALERT ! I f Bianca doesn't become a vampire then she becomes a rave which is Gray's word for ghost. Although I did think that was a lot for the couple to deal with I still thought that was very creative. 

   One more dislike and this one is a strong dislike. I didn't like when....STOP SPOILER ALERT!  I didn't like when Bianca was dying how Lucas offered her the chance to drink from him to save herself but in the process   he did not want turn vampire himself which I personally thought was selfish.  Okay now that I have gotten over my dislikes I think it's time for personal ratings! :-) For the characters I'll give them a 5 out of 10 stars.

  The scenery/settings a 4 out of 10 only because I thought that the scenery could be appealing to the reading and they came off as one dimensional and boring. The cover art a 4 out of 10 stars only because that too came off as slightly boring and unappealing. The plot or story line a  5  1/2  stars out of 10 and finally the over all experience a 6 out of 10 stars only because I enjoy this series and would like to read more from Gray and yes I will and have already started reading the next installment of this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleas give your honest opinion and have fun!